British Food Fortnight
How YOU can take part
· Buy and eat Britain''s regional food - make a special effort during the fortnight to buy Britain''s regional food and if possible to buy if from farmers'' markets, local independent butchers, farm shops, green-grocers, mail-order suppliers and speciality food retailers
· Eat in local pubs or restaurants and buy from local shops - if you are going to the countryside for a day out, to stay in a B&B, to go walking, climbing or camping make a special effort to eat in local pubs and restaurants and stock up on supplies from the local shops.
· Encourage your community to take part - organise an event in your local sports or social club, your children''s school, your local pub or your community centres
· Support your Harvest Festival and supper - the traditional time to celebrate the connection between people and the land. The Church is promoting British Food Fortnight through its networks so ask your vicar what your church is planning
· Fork to Fork - why not grow your own! What about starting your own vegetable garden next Spring!
· Find out what is going on in your region - see the ''What''s happening'' page on this website for information on local, regional and national events. It will be updated regularly throughout the summer.
· Does your local shop, restaurant or pub sell regional food? A Buyers Guide to Britain''s Regional Food & Drink is available for retailers, restaurateurs and pub-owners with advice on how to capitalise on the promotional opportunities provided by the national event. Each pack includes:
· ideas on what retailers, restaurants and pubs can do to take part
· advice on what food to stock and where to buy it
· sample menus using regional produce
· regional media contacts
· advice on contacting the media and a template press release
To order one for your local, email email@example.com
The organisers of British Food Fortnight want to hear from you.Let us know what you are organising. To have your event listed on the website and included in press information - contact the Event Office on