The Bowflex SelectTech Adjustable Bench Series 5.1 Review
With so many good quality workout benches on the market these days, knowing precisely which one to spend your hard earned money on can be quite stressful. So, in this review I’m going to go deeply into the pro’s and cons of one of the most popular weight benches available today…The Bowflex Selectech Adjustable Bench Series 5.1
At the present moment this exercise bench is on sale on Amazon through this link only
If you are planning to build a home gym based on lifting free weights, a piece of exercise equipment you simply must have is a high quality solid base for your lifting. There’s no doubt The Bowflex SelectTech Adjustable Bench Series 5.1 falls into that category, but the big question is … Is it good value for money?
The Bowflex 5.1 is made from heavy-duty commercial quality steel and is a very sturdy piece of exercise equipment. So if your buying decisions are based on quality of construction I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with this fitness bench.
It is also an extremely versatile bench as it has five incline positions ranging from 0 to 90 degrees. There is also a 17 degree decline setting for performing sit ups. These extra positions are a big help if you are carrying any small injuries or strains, as you can work around problems much easier.
Another important feature is that it comes with a removable leg hold-down brace for added decline position support. It’s the perfect fitness bench to transform a small space into a personal fitness center. With six positions to choose from you have a total body mini-gym.
Here Are The Main Features:
- Provide solid support for working out with free weights
- 6 positions; 17-degree decline to 90-degree incline
- Provide extra decline position supports than many other free weights benches
- Corrects posture and stabilizes positioning for a safe, muscle-building free-weight workout
- Bowflex provide a 30-year warranty on frame; one-year warranty on upholstery
- If you want to buy this fitness bench you can get it for 10% off on Amazon through this link
- Dimensions: 56″ L x 26″ W x 20″ H (142.25 L x 66 W x 51 H cm)
- 6 different positions with a 17° decline to 90° incline
- Constructed of heavy-duty commercial quality steel
- Corrects posture and stabilizes positioning for a safe, muscle-building free weight workout
- Can be used with more than 30 exercises
- Comes standard with a removable leg hold-down brace for added decline position support
- Wheels away for easy storage
THE GOOD POINTS:
- If you prefer working out with free weights this is really the only bench you will ever need because of it’s versatility. It switches from a decline position all the way to a straight back seated position.
- Bowflex have been making high quality fitness products for more than ten years. Because of their six weeks guaranteed results program they have earned a solid reputation amongst exercise equipment users.
- You can easily perform more than thirty individual exercises with this adjustable weight bench. Thirty is about the limit your body needs to exercise anyway. The human body can only take a limited number of movements before the same muscle groups are being used again.
- The one negative is that the wheels are not very good. You have to lift the bench quite high before they will roll.
The bottom line is your investment in this weight bench is well worth the price.
Here is what several current owners have to say about it.
As far as the bench itself, it is very sturdy. No wobbling while you are using it – this is a big plus. It also looks very nice and obviously matches my other equipment. The adjustment options are nice to have, but to me they are mostly unnecessary. I only use it in the flat position and one incline position. I can’t imagine what one would do with all the other positions, but maybe someone who is more sophisticated in their work out could utilize them.
If you’re looking for a versatile workout bench to do your decline, incline, and flat bench presses, this bench is an excellent choice. I’m very happy with the quality of the construction, and it’s as sturdy as most benches I’ve used in commercial gyms. The back can be adjusted from the decline position for sit ups/decline bench press to a full upright 90 degrees which is great for doing shoulder presses. The seat also has 2 adjustable positions, flat and decline.
I received this bench as a birthday gift. Great bench! Quality of this bench is very good and sturdy. The leg attachment is a great feature for decline position, I was doing decline dumbell bench presses on another bench without the attachment and had to set weights on the floor to get back up with this I just pull myself up with my legs, Great.
These reviews are paraphrased due to lack of space, but you can view the originals by clicking here